intern with deep
This isn’t your typical internship. No mindless phone-answering here. Deep’s internships are competitive and demanding. We treat our interns like paid staff and expect a lot of them, so that each intern walks away with a rewarding experience. We accept applications year-round, from professionals and students for creative and nonprofit staff internships.
- Illustration InternDeep’s illustrator creates cover art for our student anthologies and other publications and projects, answers directly to the Operations Manager, attends weekly staff meetings, and works independently on all projects.
- Graphic Design InternDeep’s designer produces work for our student anthologies and other publications and projects, press kits, logos and other branding, and various smaller projects. Our designer answers directly to the Operations Manager and attends weekly staff meetings to receive creative direction and critique. The workload is about one large project (a publication) or 3 small projects (a logo, a mail campaign postcard) each moth. Designers will receive a full evaluation and letter of recommendation at the conclusion of the internship (length negotiable within 12-20 weeks).
- Photography InternsDeep’s photographers (2 per semester) produce portraits of 120-200 students for publication in the student anthologies, shoot candid photos for other publications and marketing, answer directly to the Operations Manager, and work independently on all projects. Photographers must be available for at least two days-a-week, between the hours of 2 and 5pm, and provide own photography and editing equipment. Video skills a plus.
Staff Internships: Our staff interns are young professionals who are interested in the nonprofit field. We need a variety of talents, and are open to taking on unorthodox backgrounds. These are hands-on (not teaching) internships. Our staff interns are expected to bear a lot of responsibility and will learn a lot about nonprofit operations.
- Publications Coordinator (4 or 9 months options)The publications coordinator assists the Operations Manager with getting our books published each semester. An ideal candidate has editing and proofreading experience and is very adept at microsoft office and basic Adobe fuctions.
- Community Outreach Coordinator (4 or 9 months options)The community outreach coordinator seeks out corporate partners, sponsors, and assists the Operations Manager with event-planning The most critically important times for this position are December-January and May-June. PR and marketing experience a huge plus.
- Social Media Manager (9 months)Our Social Media Manager takes advantage of all of the free media available to us by helping to get the word out about Deep. This person will meet tweeting and posting minimums and has some experience with PROFESSIONAL (not just personal) social media account management.